1. Happens intermittently, although once 45-60 mins on average. Especially now in summer with AC running.
2. Condition is resolved (temporarily) by switching on heat, rolling down windows, and waiting 3 minutes, then car is fine again!
3. Car does not appear to be leaking antifreeze.
4. Overflow still has fluid (although I've added more, with troubles continuing).
5. Did notice that the car had a problem heating the vehicle end of winter. Assume this is related?
6. DON'T see milky crank case cap signs of leaking gaskets, etc.
Will shortly replace fluid/flush and thermostat just as quick attempt, but don't want to be completely wasting my time.
Any help would be super appreciated.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 10:31 PM