When you are re-filling the transmission, what transmission fluid are you using? If it is not Mopar brand or says ATF+4, you are using the wrong fluid.
As we cannot physically see your transmission, my educated guess will be as good as a blind man's. Transmission fluid is not being burnt, it leaks. I suggest that you raise up the vehicle (on jack stand) and go underneath as try to see where the leak is coming from. Look for red fluid under the vehicle and see where it originates. Some places to look at:
1. Transmission output where it connects to the CV axles
2. Transmission input seal where it connects to the engine
3. Top of transmission: speed sensors and solenoid pack attached to the transmission.
4. Side of transmission: Where the cooler lines going in and out of the transmission
5. Bottom of transmission: Look at the transmission pan gasket and bolts. They may be loose.
6. Transmission hoses: They may develop crack or holes from the transmission all the way to the radiator, or the transmission cooler (applicable on some models)
7. Radiator: Where the transmission cooler lines attached to. There may also be a crack in the radiator. Check for possible leaks.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 1:46 PM