HIGH PITCHED SQUEALING

2000 Dodge Intrepid

pastore1330

March, 9, 2010 AT 4:00 AM

Noises problem
2000 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

Well it's had a high pitched noise for quite a while now. It started mainly when I braked under 20 miles an hour. I figured it was just the brakes. Well about a month later the Check Engine Light came on and I took it to auto zone where the computer told me it was either a catalytic converter or a fuel problem (separate problem). I used fuel cleaner and it hasnt went out yet. Since that problem happened though the squealing noise has gotten worse and practically does it all the time now regardless of whether I brake or not. It mainly squeals worse when I am accelerating. I noticed just messing around though if I hold the brake slightly while im accelerating it doesn't make the noise nearly as loud. Am I looking at a brake problem or possibly something more serious?

hotdoug89

March, 9, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

I also have had a high pitched noise coming from my vehicle but I didnt exactly get where your noise was coming from. I have been asking around about my problem since mine is upon start-up and during driving. My car also STOPS driving at times and is now sitting in my driveway since im not looking to get towed a million times. I WAS TOLD BY EVERYONE THAT IT IS A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM. I dont know if this got you thinking about it but its a little something to help before you end up driving it around and seriously injuring your trans as I might have.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300