BRAKE HELP

Dodge Dynasty

mrmike

August, 16, 2006 AT 5:02 PM

I own a 93 Dodge Dynasty. I replaced the front brakes back in march 06, because they were grinding. The passenger side was metal-to-metal, while the drivers side seemed Fine still. My freind said that my caliper on the pass side was obviously no good since it was locked'froze. Whatever u call it. Now its doing the same thing! Its a brand new caliper and brakes and its grinding already! Grinding again! And. When I back out of my driveway to leave, it seems ok to move, but if I go into reverse AFTER driving it, it does not want to move. It shakes and grinds, and vibrates. As if the brake are applied.

I am lost : oops:

syncrait

August, 17, 2006 AT 8:52 AM

Im assuming that it is happening on the same side again. It is normally a good practice when replacing brake calipers to replace both of them. Check for worn or loose suspension components and check brake rotors to see that they are not machined undersized. Check to see that the slides on the calipers are working free and not binding. Good luck : )

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy