1999 DODGE DURANGO ENGINE STALLS

• cyrilsweden
  • 1999 Dodge Durango

1999 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

hi, my durango is driving me crazy,
now I have the problem that the engine died and will not start again.
the error code is " no bus".
please tell me where to start with searching to find out where the problem is.
i had a week ago a similar problem, the engine stall ´s but when I tryed to start it started emidiatly again and run without any problems. I did not have any error code exept the " check engine " lamp.
many thanks in advance
cyril

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008 AT 12:56 PM

• obxautomedic

Does the vehicle turn over and just not start? If so check your main fuses. Clean contacts on fuses. If all is fine and still won't start I am Afraid it is most likely the Computer.

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008 AT 8:46 PM
  • Fodus

Replace the computer. I got mine from AutoZone for around $276 plus a $65 core fee that you get back when you return the old part. The dealership wanted just under $600 for the same part, plus $85 to install it. I was able to install it in around 3 minutes, including unhooking the battery, and I am not a mechanic. If you can't afford the AutoZone price right not try packing ice around the computer to keep it cool. I would buy a bag of ice from a gas station, pour out about 1/3 to 1/2 half of it around the computer, reseal the bag, and then pack the bag around the computer. This worked WONDERS for me until I could buy the new computer. If you need to know where your computer is e-mail me @ DanielDriggs@aol. Com. Good luck.

Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 6:18 PM