1988 DODGE DIPLOMAT CYLINDER MISS

• Coolshark
  • 1988 Dodge Diplomat

1988 Dodge Diplomat V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

Hello, I bought a used 1988 Dodge Diplomat with a 318 and 2 bbl carb, it totally misses on cylinders 6 and 7, (runs perfectly on all the rest), and has reasonably balanced compression all around, (between 130 and 138 for ALL cylinders) I have changed everything, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, elec ignition, (which puts out wonderful spark to all cylinders including the dead ones, (6 and 7), I have even tried mixing and matching all " known to be good " wires, plugs, cap and rotor, coil, in an attempt to make my symptoms move, but 6 and 7 are still dead to the world! I even started the engine with plugs connected to 6 and 7's wires and let them ground to the top of the engine so I could do a visual, and they spark perfectly, (HOT SPARK)! I am very puzzled? Anything you might suggest would be incredibly helpful, Thank You,

Coolshark

Sunday, February 8th, 2009 AT 8:09 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Hi: What was the compression on all cylenders? After running the engine, the the two misfiring cylender spark plugs wet with gas?

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 1:25 PM