AIR NOT COOL

2000 Dodge Daytona

kasinokat

July, 19, 2010 AT 7:07 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Dodge Daytona 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

My air is starting to blow warmer air out. If I turn the fan motor to lowest setting the air is cool, if fan is on highest setting the air starts getting warmer. I can hear the compressor clicking on and off like normal. Do I just need freon?

mhpautos

July, 19, 2010 AT 7:33 PM

Hi there,

You well may be low on refrigerant, but just adding more will not fix the [problem, if it is low there is a leak in the system that will have to be taken care of first, a leak detector dye added to the system will help locate any leak, start here.

kasinokat

July, 19, 2010 AT 8:05 PM

Thank you so much for responding to my question regarding my a/c. Can you tell me about how much it will cost to do the dye test and add coolant? Thank you so much.

mhpautos

July, 19, 2010 AT 8:16 PM

Hi there,

As I am in Australia, my pricing on service work may not be what you will be paying, but I would not expect more than 30Min labour & about $25 for the leak detector, as it is just added to the low pressure side with a small top up charge of refrigerant, then you will have to re visit the work shop after a few days or using the air, to see if the leak dye has worked, but I would ring a few of your local work shops and get a closer price range.

kasinokat

July, 19, 2010 AT 8:22 PM

Thanks again

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement