THERMOSTAT LOCATION

• thermaman
  • Dodge Dakota

I do work on cars and my buddy is new to working on them and he has a 2003 4.7 dakota. He needs to replace the thermostat. I am in a different stat and trying to help him save the 80dollar an hour shop charge. Most vehicles the thermostat is located at the end of the upper radiator hose as it connects to the engine block. He said it is not located there and I also read something that said it is off the lower radiator hose on the lower side of the engine block. Is this true and does anyone know of where I can view a diagram for this. Also the auto parts store told him that they dont make a chiltons manual for 2003 dakotas? What? Cause that is the dummy manual for auto repairs, it is a helpful book

Saturday, November 10th, 2007 AT 9:34 AM

• CHEVYII

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/59481_Noname_5.jpg

does that help?? left lower side of block #3 , i know its hard to see but you get the jist

jim

Saturday, November 10th, 2007 AT 10:20 AM
  • thermaman

Yes it does man, thanks I appreciate it. He said he thought he saw it down in that area, but I wanted to check and see. I do thank you man.

Saturday, November 10th, 2007 AT 10:34 AM
  • CHEVYII

No problem at all

Saturday, November 10th, 2007 AT 10:39 AM