DODGE DAKOTA NO START

• Lonnie92071
  • Dodge Dakota

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9 V-6 motor, with 90,000 miles on it. It randomly has time when it will not start. Sometimes it will start and "chug" a little then die. Usually if you crank on it, wait, crank on it some more, wait, crank on it again, it will eventually start. I have replaced the fuel pump, and seem to have good pressure, replaced the fuel filter, and have done a complete tune up. When the truck runs, it does seem to run slightly rough too. Any suggestions would be really appreciated before I just let the bank repo it and quit my job.

Tuesday, August 29th, 2006 AT 11:18 PM

• luckyjon

Hello, have you check to see if the vehicle has a spark? I think theres something wrong with the ignition.

Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 AT 2:24 PM
  • carundell

Hey lonnie!
I think luckyjon is pointing you in the right direction, go for ignition issues first ie: plugs worn, ign. Wires junk or arching, cap/rotor (if installed) etc.

Regards,

Chris

Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 AT 3:44 PM