NO START

Dodge Dakota

Lonnie92071

August, 29, 2006 AT 11:18 PM

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9 V-6 motor, with 90,000 miles on it. It randomly has time when it will not start. Sometimes it will start and " chug" a little then die. Usually if you crank on it, wait, crank on it some more, wait, crank on it again, it will eventually start. I have replaced the fuel pump, and seem to have good pressure, replaced the fuel filter, and have done a complete tune up. When the truck runs, it does seem to run slightly rough too. Any suggestions would be really appreciated before I just let the bank repo it and quit my job.

luckyjon

December, 5, 2006 AT 2:24 PM

Hello, have you check to see if the vehicle has a spark? I think theres something wrong with the ignition.

carundell

December, 5, 2006 AT 3:44 PM

Hey lonnie!
I think luckyjon is pointing you in the right direction, go for ignition issues first ie: plugs worn, ign. Wires junk or arching, cap/rotor (if installed) etc.

Regards,

Chris

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test