98 DAK, AC/HEATER VENT CONTROLLER NOT WORKING

1998 Dodge Dakota

Smackdaddy

November, 27, 2007 AT 2:19 AM

Just replaced my heator core, put it all back together and the vent controller has no effect. Air coming out of the defrost and floor vents only. Pulled it apart again and all 7 of the vacuum lines are intact, the three actuators seem functionable, all mechanical connections are working, no binding, all doors move like they should. Controller worked fine before removal. Thoughts?

Jack42

November, 27, 2007 AT 5:35 PM

That is usually a sign of source vacuum low or not there.

Smackdaddy

November, 27, 2007 AT 11:20 PM

While you are correct, you're answer leaves a lot to be desired. I got a much better answer on another forum - there's a vacuum supply line that feeds through the firewall which I had fed back through but forgot to hook up.

FYI In the short amount of time I've perused this forum I've seen some of your answers/replies and they are always short and lacking in details - as if you're assuming you're talking to a professional mechanic which I doubt many people on here are. I'm quite proficient - I've rebuilt an engine, replaced an engine and most other parts but since being a mechanic is not my profession it's hard to keep up with everything new in cars. So in summary, if you goal is to help people, a little more detail in your answers would be much appreciated by everyone I'm sure.

Jack42

November, 28, 2007 AT 7:40 AM

Short and simple is sometimes the way things ned to be explained. BTW your truck is fixed. Right? I could have given you a 500 character answer, it all boils down to what is actually wrong with your truck. If you had a more complex problem, then you would have gotten a more complex answer. Is this better?

Smackdaddy

November, 30, 2007 AT 11:12 AM

It's fixed, but not because of your answer. I didn't say anything about 500-word essays, but had you said, " sounds like there's no vacuum, check the connection through the firewall to the brake booster, then it would have meant something.

Jack42

November, 30, 2007 AT 12:01 PM

My bad. You had the ability to replace a heater core, I figured you would know what I meant

Smackdaddy

November, 30, 2007 AT 9:23 PM

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic