2005 Dodge Dakota EGR codes

• 1 POST

2005 Dodge Dakota V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 52,400 miles

code po404 and po405 are logged.C.E.L. On. Codes will not clear. Egr valve was replaced.I feel a slight engine stumble under load sometimes.I cant find a troubleshooting tree to follow.I did not remove the battery cable. What are your suggestions. Thanks for your help

Sunday, March 1st, 2009 AT 12:37 PM

Hello -

To better assist you is please tell me your engine size in liter.

Did you replace the EGR valve AND solenoid?

Please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car but also, have them clear them. Then drive it and see what happens. Then I would stop back by there and have them pull the codes again. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator.

Low fuel pressure can also cause a stumble, but you only have 56K on the vehicle.

The Map and TPS sensor monitor engine load. Would you like me to see if I can find a test for them for you?

When was the last time you changed your plugs/wires?

Please take a spray bottle of water, while the engine is running at operating temperature spray a mist around the plugs/wires etc all around and see if you get a worse stumble.

My suggestion. First do the spray bottle.

Then do the AZ remove code - thing

Then let me know what you find and don't forget the engine size in liter.

Sunday, March 1st, 2009 AT 6:38 PM