2004 DODGE DAKOTA NOISE FROM THE FRONT END.

• jgrippen
  • 2004 Dodge Dakota

Suspension problem
2004 Dodge Dakota V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota, 124000 miles. When driving the car, there is a vibration and a sound coming from the front end. When I turn right at a high enough speed, the sound and vibration goes away. When I turn left, the sound and vibration stays. I have had a mechanic look at everything and my tires seem to be the only problem. They are worn. But, I have put the spare on both sides and the problem remains. The wheel hubs are brand new, and nothing else seems to be wrong.

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 11:19 AM

• obxautomedic

Ok, you tried using the spare on either side with no change.

Now may I suggest doing a tire rotation move the back tires to the front and see what happens.

It is also possible that you got a bad Hub Assembly and since the vibration is constant turning to the left I would say it would be the Passenger side Hub Assembly. Since more pressure is put on the passenger side when turning to the left and less pressure when turning right.

.

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 7:31 PM