1994 DODGE DAKOTA ENGINE STOPS NO CODES

• jrodleb
  • 1994 Dodge Dakota

1994 Dodge Dakota V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 125000 miles

I can crank the truck up and drive it for about 20 minutes or so. Runs good. Then out of the blue it starts loosing power sputers a little, small back fire through intake then kills. Truck want start up right away, but if its sets for about an hour or two you can crank it right up and repeat same process. I've changed spark plugs, wires, coil, sylinoid, distributor, distributor cap, crank sensor, pick up coil, O2 sensor, rotor, intake censor, fuel pump, air temperature sensor. Etc
Any ideas.

Tuesday, March 31st, 2009 AT 1:23 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

When it won't start, have you checked to see if spark or fuel was missing to the engine?

Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 AT 7:38 AM
  • jrodleb

Yes I've checked both. Fuel has great pressure. But there's no fire at the coil. Can take the coil off of truck and put on another dakota and works fine

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 6:56 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

This could be a few things. Has the check engine light ever come on? Also, make sure the connector going to the computer is tight. Shake it to see if anything changes.

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 7:14 PM