I believe there is a part that bolts onto the trans first, then the cable goes to it.
As far as the ABS / Check engine lights, I need you to check for codes. Here is how:
DO NOT START THE ENGINE!
1) With the key off, cycle it on and off (to the run position) three times.
2) The 3rd time, let it in the run position.
3) The check engine light will begin to flash. Each code will be a 2 digit number.
4) Count the flashes. It will flash, have a short pause, and then flash again. After it completed one code, there will be a longer pause before it starts the next code.
5) Keep track of the flashes and let me know what codes you find and I'll identify them for you.
6) When you see the code 55, that means it is done. Some will stop then, others may repeat the cycle.
Let me know what you find, and I hope this doesn't confuse you. If it doesn't make sense, let me know.
Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 AT 9:34 PM