Has the check engine light come on? Here is what I need you to do.
1) DO NOT START THE ENGINE DURING THIS PROCESS:
2) cycle the key from off to the run position to off 3 times.
3) the 3rd time, let the key in the run position and pay attention to the check engine light.
4) the check engine light will begin to flash and you must count the number of flashes.
5) Here is how this works, each trouble code is a 2 digit number. For example, 12, 25, 44 and so on.
6) Count the flashes until there is a slight pause. The pause indicates the end of the first digit. Then count the next set of flashes to get the 2nd number.
7) There will be a longer pause before it starts the next code, if there is one.
8) When you get a code 55, that means it has finished its cycle.
Let me know what codes you get. Based on your description either you have a fuel pump problem or the map sensor is going bad.
Let me know what you get and we'll figure it out.
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 AT 11:37 AM