1965 Dodge Coronet V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 64,000 miles
I recharged my battery by taking it out of the vehicle. When I replaced it, fully charged, there was some smoke that came from the wiring harness. I thought that maybe I had put the battery in backwards. So I switched the terminals. I heard a pop and now no lights or any power is available in the vehicle.
There is power to the starter solenoid but nothing after. Is the starter solenoid now fried?
If not, there is a fusible link blue wire that leaves the starter solenoid and goes to the wiring harness (where the smoke was). Would the fusible link be bad. How do you check that?
I see no damage due to burnt wires anywhere.
The picture shows the solenoid on the left and the wiring harness on the right. I removed the nut that holds the wire from the battery and fusible link blue wire. I have replaced it and removed the battery terminal so that the car is not receiving power from the battery.
have the same problem?
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 4:31 PM