DISTRIBUTOR CAP PLUG WIRE ORIENTATION

1965 Dodge Coronet

jzxpk2

July, 24, 2009 AT 1:39 PM

1965 Dodge Coronet V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75,000 miles

Which terminal on my 318's distributor cap would be considered number 1. I believe it's to the 1st one to the left of the vacuum canister (based on the distributor turning clockwise). I'm not sure but I believe I'm one before that, making it 2 befire the canister. I've heard a lot of people say that this doesn't make a difference but I believe it does in regards to where my timing would be significantly off. The car runs, but seems quite " flat" under acceleration.

Thanks!

hmac300

October, 24, 2009 AT 1:26 PM

#1 is at the very front of the cap, 2 positions from the clipon the right side of the engine. In otherwords at the 12: 00 position. It fires clockwise 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. You might check to see if your timing chain is bad. Bring the engine up to #1 at balancer and match with cap. Also if you have low compression on all cylinders that is good indication as well.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang