ES DIED?!

1995 Dodge Colt

95ColtES

March, 31, 2007 AT 5:58 PM

Hey, As you can see I have a 1995 Dodge Colt ES, She has quite the amount of Milage on her and I know dodge back in the late 80's to early 90's didn't have the best electrical systems. But I was driving up a local street near my home and she died on me, Wouldn't fire back up. She's wasn't wet or anything. Kinda confused as to what had happened. It's not the gas pump becasue when she turns over you can smell gas when the engine starts to flood. Was wondering if anyone has any clue as to what could have happened. Would hate to have to get rid of her, She a spiffy little car!

merlin2021

March, 31, 2007 AT 10:09 PM

Well tou need to test for spark. Or lack there of. Last complete tune-up was when?

canuckz

September, 6, 2007 AT 5:46 PM

Yes you do need to test for spark. If spark is non-existent then try replacing the distributor. I have a 1994 Colt ES and have replaced the distributor 4 times in the last three years. The igniter fails without warning leaving you stranded where ever you happen to be at the time.

Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW