94 DODGE CARAVAN TEMPERATURE GAUGE

• Litatude
  • 1994 DODGE CARAVAN

I wrote previously about my 94 dodge caravan 3.0 with @ 85,000 miles overheating and wanted to know if it cold be the water pump again. Well unfortunately I was wrong but you were right about the head gasket. So we finally got that fixed but now the temerature gauge goes up and down quickly. When you stop the car it doesnt sound as if its boiling/overheating. So my new question is could it be the engine temperature sensor is sending the wrong signals to my guages making me think it is still overheating when it is not.

Monday, May 22nd, 2006 AT 7:38 PM

• Sdalton19

I would probabley say the sensor is ok they generally dont fluctuate like that when they fail what it sounds like is there are bubbles in the cooling system from not being bled correctley you may want to check you coolant level i'd be willing to bet thats your problem I hope this helps

Thursday, May 25th, 2006 AT 9:13 PM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Engine Temperature Questions