TRANMISSION WON'T SHIFT OUT OF 2ND GEAR

2003 Dodge Caravan

iteachsped

March, 14, 2010 AT 8:51 PM

2003 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

my transmission will not shift out of second gear. All of this started when the key got stuck in the ignition. After we got the key out, the transmission stopped shifting and all of the gear lights stay lit. The r, n, d and the other lights on the dash stay lit. I have changed the filter and flushed the transmission. I have changed both speed sensors on the transmission and today I replaced the key switch on the ignition. I do not know what to do next. This van had no problems before the key got stuck. I did notice that the new key is a little hard to turn and there is some metal box below the key switch that functions when you turn the key. It has a bunch of wires connected to it. Please help me with this problem. 2003 dodge caravan se 3.3 liter flex fuel.

ch112063

March, 14, 2010 AT 9:05 PM

If you can get someone with a decent scanner they can plug it in to see what is wrong, it may need to be reset or there could be a TCM internal problem. Any faults will show up on the scan.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma