CABIN AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT

2000 Dodge Caravan

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 19, 2009 AT 4:54 PM

2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl

I'm having a hard time finding the location of the air cabin filter in my 2000 dodge grand caravan. Do you guys have any ideas where it is?

I bought the filter and it says its in the passenger side under the glove compartment. There is something I need to pull out. There is nothing for me to pull out. I only see hex screws. Please help. Thanks.

BMRFIXIT

August, 19, 2009 AT 10:13 PM

Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the lower evaporator housing just outboard of the passenger side of the instrument panel center stack.
Slide the air filter door latch toward the rear of the vehicle until it engages the opened stop on the door.
Pull the air filter door latch straight downward to disengage it from the air filter opening of the lower evaporator housing.
Use your fingers to reach through the air filter opening of the lower evaporator housing far enough to grasp the air filter.
Pull the air filter straight down and out of the evaporator housing

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_468.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic2_232.jpg

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 20, 2009 AT 11:40 AM

I'm sorry but your diagram does not match what I see under the passenger compartment near the center console. I am having trouble attaching pics, they probably too high in resolution. According to your pics, there is a door and latches that can be separated from the housing.

There is no door or latches, its one continuous sealed unit. I've seen your diagram in the 2001 model. Are you sure it applies to the 2000 model as well. I will keep trying to attach pics to show you what I'm talking about

Are you confused? So am I.

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 20, 2009 AT 11:44 AM

Would you mind if I email you the pics if I can't get them on there?

Thanks so much

BMRFIXIT

August, 20, 2009 AT 6:20 PM

SEND IT TO : bmrfixit@2carpros. Com
is it a Canadian model and if so not all Canadian models came equipped with cabin air filter

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 20, 2009 AT 7:10 PM

Hi,

I just sent you the 2 pics. I'm pretty sure it's an american model. Please let me know what you think.

BMRFIXIT

August, 20, 2009 AT 7:24 PM

Open/remove glove box and take a pic and send it what you sent suggest that you do not have one

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 20, 2009 AT 9:43 PM

Hi,

Just sent you a pic of what your requested. I thought all cars are suppose to have one, its what filters the outside air coming in right? Unless it has a permanent one but not meant to be replaced?

BMRFIXIT

August, 21, 2009 AT 5:34 PM

Not all cars and models comes equipped with cabin filter

dodgegrandcaravan

August, 21, 2009 AT 8:57 PM

Does that mean the air I'm breathing are coming in unfiltered? That's too bad.

BMRFIXIT

August, 21, 2009 AT 9:51 PM

Have mold in the evaporator area and need to be cleaned
ask your local dealer for a cleaning kit

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911