1999 DODGE CARAVAN POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

• boxersd
  • 1999 Dodge Caravan

Computer problem
1999 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 1999 Dodge Caravan. Someone aparently sent a current in, at the (ECT) connector. Directly from the vehicle battery. Now it won't cranck or turn over. I beleave the PCM is faulty. Please help.

Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 11:53 AM

• rasmataz

Check what's causing it not to start could be fuel or spark-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 12:01 PM