1998 Dodge Caravan Automatic Doors Locks have gone NUTS!

GEORGIAPEACH363
  • 1998 DODGE CARAVAN
1998 Dodge Caravan

I thought I was going crazy, I knew I hadn't locked my doors but the next day they were locked. Over and over again. I have no reason to lock my doors in my own garage! Then I discovered that exactly 40 seconds after closing the door the doors all locked! And every 40 seconds afterwards the locks click all by themselves over and over again. The only thing I can do is leave the door ajar and it won't do this. I took it to the mechanic and he sprayed some cleaner on the locks but it's still doing it. Could some one please tell me what to do! Thank You!
Tuesday, June 10th, 2008 AT 3:58 PM

DICKBL
I have the same problem with a 97 Town and country van, remove batterys from remote and it still locks by its self.
Friday, July 4th, 2008 AT 9:42 PM
AJS42548
I had a problem with my 98 caravan that kept on locking even after it was locked. I discovered that the switch that the door closes into thus telling the car that the door is closed was not moving freely to the closed position. What I mean by that is that the switch was at that point where any slight movement made the switch open or close. This caused the locks to keep locking even though they were locked already. What I did was, glue a rubber washer on the door so it will push the switch on the door frame further in, thus stopping the open/close cycle.
+3
Sunday, July 20th, 2008 AT 8:43 PM