1998 Dodge Caravan alarm locked

RANDY HALL
  • 1998 DODGE CARAVAN
My alarm has been activated and now the van will not start. I have asked a dealer and he told me to work the locks at each door with the key. Did not work! I think it is an add on system. Can I disconnect it or reset in another way? Please let me know. I cannot afford another car and cant pay a service charge to a dishonest dealer.I need an answer please. Not a link to buy a book. Cant afford that either.
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 2:50 PM

YOUNG MICK
Randy,
You have probably solved the problem by now,
I just saw your message. But if you haven't, I had the exact problem. Trying the key in each door did not work. I tried disconnecting the Pos. Battery
connector & reconnecting after a few min. It worked & the car started, but once again after the car was turned off, it locked up again, I had to repeat the process. So it is only a temporary fix.
Still doing it, at least I get where I'm going
till thnigs get better & I can pay to have it fixed.
If you have had it fixed, please let me know what they did.
Young Mick
Wednesday, December 31st, 2008 AT 1:47 PM
YOUNG MICK
Randy,
Young Mick
Wednesday, December 31st, 2008 AT 1:48 PM