INTAKE MANIFOLD

1996 Dodge Caravan

fxmed

August, 27, 2008 AT 12:46 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 163000 miles

Our caravan was leaking water and over heating. We took it to the repair person and they said it was the intake manifold. I thought the intake manifold would cause a oil leak. When we put water in the radiator, it just went right through and ended up on the driveway. Enough stayed in that the car could be driven a few miles without over heating.

blackop555

August, 27, 2008 AT 9:08 AM

Intake manifolds when bad can leak water, they dont have any oil in them just coolant passages, so he wasnt wrong about it.

Where is it coming from?

If the vehicle isnt running chances are the intake manifold wont gush out that much coolant.

fxmed

August, 27, 2008 AT 10:25 AM

Thank you for your reply. The car is not being driven when the water gushes like that. To us, it looked liked the water was coming from the hose going into the radiator. It was from right behind the radiator as far as we could tell. We are 72 and 50 yo women doing this mind you. LOL

blackop555

August, 27, 2008 AT 1:05 PM

Alright, if that is the case then I would make sure the radiator hoses are not damaged, and replace the clamps holding it on, use hose clamps not the cheap water pump clams that come factory.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Blazer