2002 Caravan Brakes

NANAG831
  • 2002 DODGE CALIBER
I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan 4 cyclinder with 93,000 miles. I recently bought this car from a small used car lot, no information on previous owner. Took a trip approx 150 miles away from my home, no problems on the way there. The van was parked all day at Wild Adventures. That night we did have some traffic to set through getting out. When we got to the interstate and I tried to increase my speed over 40 mph, I felt like I was having a flat tire. Stopped and checked, the front brakes were hot. Got back on the road since it was not far to our destination for the night, only about 10 miles. Once I increased my speed over 60 this leveled out. However when I stopped, I could smell the brakes, coming from the front right side. After the van set for the night, I drove it for approx 10 miles to church this morning. No problems then, on the way back from church the problem started again. We went to a local parts store and changed the brake caliber on the right front, since this was the only side that seemed to be getting hot. We got on the interstate coming home, traveling approx 65-70 mph. No problems, the van drove very smoothe. We stopped and went through a drive through resturant, after that the problem started all over again. Do you have any suggestions.
Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 5:25 PM

Check the brake hose on that side could be acting like a check valve
Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 7:02 PM
TONIA
I had new rotors and loaded calipers put in April 2007. The brakes were squealing and hard to stop. I changed them yesterday and they were only half worn. It feels like I am pushing on a brick wall when I try to brake. The pedal depresses a little and then it's hard as a rock and hard to stop. What do I do? Also when I depress the brake adn hold it like at a light or something, it sounds like air is gushing. If I stomp the pedal as hard as I can even in a parked position it makes a high pitch squealing noise. What do I do?
Friday, September 14th, 2007 AT 3:08 PM
TONIA
Friday, September 14th, 2007 AT 3:18 PM
[/quote:ef6ee43fdd]

Have the engine vacuum check-if okay inspect the vacuum hose especially the check valve and leaking brake booster.
Friday, September 14th, 2007 AT 4:26 PM