HIGH-PITCHED WHISTLING SOUND

1989 Daihatsu Charade

customwildcat

April, 7, 2010 AT 10:29 AM

Noises problem
1989 Daihatsu Charade 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97.000 miles

Just replaced blown head gasket, timing belt, idler, water pump, and all other related gaskets. Engine is clean and all hoses and lines appear intact. Engine starts immediately and runs smoothly, however for the first 3-5 seconds there is a high-pitched whistling noise. When I restart the engine several times (after waiting a couple of minutes before each restart), and the operating temperature slowly rises, the whistling gradually diminishes to zero. And when I restart the fully warmed-up engine, there is no whistling.

2CarPros Linsey

April, 7, 2010 AT 11:16 AM

Hi customwildcat, Thank you for the donation. Have you inspected the drive and accessory belts to see if this is the cause of you noise. I would recomednd removing all belts from the front of the motor and starting the engine very brifely to see if this is the culprit. If the noise is gone you should consider replacement. If the noise is still present see if you can get a better idea of where the noise is coming from. Let us know

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord