Here are the directions which include the torque specs and sequence. The attached pics correlate with the directions. Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
1997 Hyundai Accent GL Sedan L4-1495cc 1.5L SOHC MFI
Removal and Installation
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Cylinder Head Assembly Service and Repair Procedures Removal and Installation
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Drain the coolant and disconnect the upper radiator hose.
2. Remove the breather hose (between the air cleaner and the head cover).
3. Remove the air-intake hose.
4. Remove the vacuum hose, fuel hose and water hose.
5. Remove the cables from the spark plugs. The cables should be removed by holding the boot portion.
6. Remove the ignition coil.
7. Remove the power steering oil pump and bracket, then the intake manifold.
8. Remove the heat protector and exhaust manifold assembly.
9. Remove the coolant pump pulley and the crankshaft pulley.
10. Remove the timing belt cover.
11. Remove the timing belt tensioner pulley.
12. Remove the timing belt.
13. Remove the head cover.
14. Using the sequence shown in the illustration and cylinder head bolt wrench tool No. 09221-32001 and 09221-11000, or equivalent, remove the cylinder head bolts, then the head assembly.
NOTE: Loosen bolts in two or three steps.
15. Remove the gasket pieces from the cylinder block top surface and cylinder head bottom surface.
NOTE: Make sure that the gasket pieces do not fall in the engine.
1. Clean all gasket surfaces of the cylinder block and the cylinder head.
2. Install a new cylinder head gasket onto the cylinder head assembly.
- Do not apply sealant to the gasket and do not reuse the old cylinder head gasket.
3. Using the sequence shown in the illustration and cylinder head bolt wrench tool No. 09221-11001, or equivalent, install and then tighten the cylinder head bolts in two steps using the following specifications:
Install the cylinder head bolts. Starting at top center, tighten all cylinder head bolts in sequence as shown in illustration, using the Cylinder Head Bolt Wrench (09221 -11001) or equivalent. Repeat the procedure, re-tightening all cylinder head bolt to the specified torque.
Cylinder head bolt
M10: 30 Nm (300 kg. Cm, 22 ft. Lbs.) + (60 - 65 ) + (60 -65 )
M12: 35 Nm (350 kg. Cm, 26 ft. Lbs.) + (60 - 65 ) + (60 -65 )
NOTE: When tightening the cylinder head bolt, using special tool and torque wrench, tighten the bolt to the specified torque [M10: 30 Nm, M12: 35 Nm] and then turn the torque wrench 60 -65 and repeat it one more time as shown in illustration.
4. Install the timing belt tensioner pulley.
5. Install the timing belt on the camshaft sprocket, making sure that the tension side is tightened by turning the camshaft sprocket in reverse, all timing marks are in alignment.
6. Adjust the timing, refer to Timing Components.
7. Install the rocker cover and tighten the bolts to 8-10 Nm (80-100 kg. Cm, 5.8-7.2 ft. Lbs.).
8. Install the timing belt cover.
9. Install the new intake manifold gasket and the intake manifold, tighten the nuts and bolts to 15-20 Nm (150-200 kg. Cm, 11-14 ft. Lbs.).
10. Install the new exhaust manifold gasket and the exhaust manifold, tighten the nuts and bolts to 15-20 Nm (150-200 kg. Cm, 11-14 ft. Lbs.).
11. Install the surge tank and tighten the nuts bolts to 15-20 Nm (150-200 kg. Cm, 11-14 ft. Lbs.).
12. Install the power steering oil pump and bracket.
Hope this helps. Let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, January 15th, 2021 AT 5:55 AM