CRANKSHAFT POSITIONING SENSOR CAR WILL NOT SPARK

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

justice89

August, 24, 2013 AT 11:28 AM

My crankshaft positioning sensor recently went bad so I changed hooked it to the computer and reset the codes but the car still will not crank. I checked it with the computer and it said pending error with the crankshaft positioning sensor. What can I do?

Ty Anderson

August, 24, 2013 AT 12:05 PM

Does the engine crank over and does not start or does nothing happen when the ignition key is switched to start?
What is the code you retrieved for the crank sensor?

justice89

August, 24, 2013 AT 1:29 PM

The motor will crank but will not start. Spark plugs do not fire at all the computer didn't belong to me not sure of the exact code but it said crankshaft positioning sensor pending error

justice89

August, 24, 2013 AT 1:29 PM

Ty Anderson

August, 24, 2013 AT 6:35 PM

There are four different codes specific just for the crank shaft sensor. Knowing which code it is would at least narrow diagnostics down.
I would have the wiring inspected for the crankshaft position sensor and make sure there is no electrical problems. A crank sensor that is no working or the wiring to the crank sensor will prevent spark plugs from firing because the vehicle's computer can not determine when to fire a spark plug.
If everything is good with the sensor and wiring then I would suspect the ignition coil which creates the boosted energy to the spark plugs. However, if the vehicle's computer is prompting a failure with a service engine soon or check engine light I would stick to that first before venturing to other components.
Let me know if this answers your question or if you have any more questions.
Talk to you soon, TY

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz