Crank, No start problem

SJBAZE
  • 2005 FORD ESCAPE
The Idle Pulley broke off of vehicle. Still drove vehicle home and parked it. Recently, started it up and drove it into shop. Was able to remove the broke pulley bolt and installed new Idle Pulley and Belt. (Disconnected Battery First) Only thing I was required to remove to do this was the alternator. After reinstalling everything and reconnecting battery, no chime, no dash lights would come on, no radio, and it would crank but not start. Found fuse in inside fuse box blown. Replaced it. Now all dash lights, radio, and chime work. But still no start. I have verified battery is good, fuel pump is working correctly, and it is not a security issue. What else can it be? Thank you
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:11 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have spark?
+1
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:44 PM
SJBAZE
No there is no Spark. However coil is good.
SaturnTech? Did not know there were still any around. Lol. I also own a 1994 Homecoming Edition.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 7:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
Yeah the 1994 home coming was pearl white with rear head rests I remember it. I was a Saturn tech for over sixteen years. I have a 1999 sl2 I have had for over ten years. Are you sure you have power to the coil with the key in the run position?
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 7:39 PM
SJBAZE
Yes, pearl white, rear head rests, leather with cloth inlay seats. I have had it since 1995, bought new, still has less than 100,000 miles. Also own a 1996 Sc2 with over 300.000 miles (as some issues). I was a finance manager for Saturn for twelve years.
Yes there is definatly power at the coil, when in run position. No spark at the plugs. I am beginning to wonder about the crank sensor or the PCM.
+1
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 5:30 AM
SATURNTECH9
I have almost 318,000 miles on my Saturn. Do you have a code reader to see if you can talk to computer or see if there are any codes? The pocket code readers are so cheap these days plus there handy to have around. I just have this feeling you have a blown fuse or something like that.
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 5:42 AM
SJBAZE
Have ran the codes twice with two different scanners. No codes. I have used a test light and all fuses show to be good.
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 9:47 AM
SATURNTECH9
So do you know if you have a rpm signal to the computer?
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 12:38 PM
SATURNTECH9
Are you sure you didn't pinch the wire going to the crankshaft position sensor?Because it runs right by the alternator you removed
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 12:41 PM
SJBAZE
How do I test to see if I have rpm going to computer? I don't see any crank sensor wires pinched. I just double checked.
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 4:47 PM
SATURNTECH9
You would need a code reader that has live data that you can watch the rpm reading while your cranking the engine over.
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 4:56 PM
SJBAZE
Short of having it towed to the shop, I don't have access to that. Is there any thing I can do to test and see if PCM is good? What about crank sensor?
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 AT 10:16 PM
SATURNTECH9
It ran before you took it apart so I can only think it's a blown fuse or pinched wire or something unplugged. If you blew the computer I wouldn't think you be able to talk the computer with a code reader?Did you check all the fuses in all the fuse boxes?Also you can check the crank sensor by reading the resistance of it with a multi meter. Let me know what the resistance of it is.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 7:44 AM