COOLANT LEAKS

2001 Chevrolet Impala

jakeneto

April, 25, 2013 AT 10:13 AM

To start my car wsa overheating, I noticed it was leaking antifreeze by the radiator. The car was running great at this point. So I changed the thermostat and the cracked radiator. I start the car and my waterpump starts leaking, so I changed that. My car became hard to start and when it did it was smoking for a while and then stopped smoking. I turned my heater on then off and the car shut off. It was getting pressure in the hose going to the thermostat so I bled it now there is a leak coming somewhere by the firewall that I cant see. I dont know what to do now.

April, 25, 2013 AT 10:31 AM

Do you think it might be a heater hose leaking? Maybe a gasket? You just need to find the leak and fix it.

jakeneto

April, 25, 2013 AT 10:47 AM

I understand that I cant lift the car enough to see from the bottom and to look from the top I have to rip it apart

April, 25, 2013 AT 10:58 AM

Well, I can't see much from here, maybe your best bet is to take it to a shop? Sometimes leaks can be hard to track?

jakeneto

April, 25, 2013 AT 2:29 PM

So since none of this happened until I changed my radiator and t stat. I may have recieved a defective t stat and never opened, buildt the pressure up and blew the other parts out

'water pump, heater core" now I took out the t stat ran it like that and pressure goes through the line with not any irregular pressure only the leak from the heater core

April, 25, 2013 AT 2:54 PM

Was it overheating without the thermostat? Does the radiator fan work?

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement