Procedure and pictures.
1. Drain coolant system. Refer to: "Engine, Cooling and Exhaust : Cooling System : Service and Repair" See: Cooling System > Service and Repair
2. Remove left side lower column cover.
3. Remove steering column assembly. Refer to: "Steering and Suspension : Steering : Steering Column : Service and Repair" See: Steering Column > Procedures
4. Remove ABS module, bracket and wiring.
Interconnect And Bracket
5. Remove I/P to body harness interconnect and bracket.
Lower Silencer Boot
6. Remove lower silencer boot at base of steering shaft.
7. Pinch off heater lines under the hood.
Heater Core Plate And Tubes
8. Remove heater core cover. Insert a small amount of towels under the heater core tubes. Remove heater core plate and tubes.
9. Depress heater core retaining clips.
10. Pull up on accelerator pedal and slide heater core past.
11. Depress brake pedal and remove heater core from HVAC housing.
For installation, reverse the above procedures. Install screws to retain heater core in housing. Replace heater core tube inlet O-rings. Tighten heater core tube retaining plate to 3 1 NM (27 9 in. Lbs.) Torque.
Sunday, February 18th, 2018 AT 8:47 AM