Welcome to 2CarPros.
It sounds like the side rails are bent. Not being there to actually has happened, I'm going to suggest two things. First, remove the rails (which is a nightmare), determine what is bent and try to straighten them. Or have the framing replaced, which won't be cheap. Honestly, I'm not sure where you are located, so I have no idea who can fix it for you.
Here are the directions for frame rail removal and replacement. They include adjustments and how it works. Basically, total removal procedure. The attached pictures correlate with these directions.
Convertible Top Assembly-Side Rail, Folding Top
Vehicle Body and Frame Roof and Associated Components Convertible Top Service and Repair Procedures Removal and Installation Convertible Top Assembly-Side Rail, Folding Top
CONVERTIBLE TOP ASSEMBLY-SIDE RAIL, FOLDING TOP
1. Remove the side quarter trim panel.
2. If necessary, remove the bolts.
3. Remove the nut and bolts and position the front safety belt retractor aside.
4. Remove the two cylinder rod mounting bolts.
5. Remove the cylinder rod mounting nut.
6. Remove the screw and disconnect the two electrical connectors.
7. Remove the screw.
8. Remove the speaker.
9. Remove the screws and the front seal.
10. Remove the rail seals.
11. Remove the rail seal retainers.
12. Remove the headliner pin-type retainers.
13. Remove the headliner screws.
14. Remove the speed nut.
15. Measure the gap between the front of the side rail and the header. Record the figure and the position of the folding top.
16. Separate the vinyl top cover flap from the rear rail.
17. Disconnect the side tension cable from the rear rail.
18. Remove the two bolts.
19. Loosen the bolt, but do not remove it.
20. Position the folding top in the full up position.
NOTE: Do not latch the folding top after re-positioning.
21. Disconnect the number two and number three bows from the side rail assembly.
22. Remove the screws.
NOTE: Mark the centerline locations for the number four bow screws.
23. Disconnect the mounting bracket.
1 Loosen the bottom bolt.
2 Remove the upper bolt.
24. Remove the side rail.
1 Remove the two bolts.
2 Loosen the bolt.
1. Position the side rail and install the bolts.
2. Connect the mounting bracket and install the bolts.
NOTE: Tighten the bottom bolt first.
3. Tighten the bolt.
NOTE: Line up the marks in the number four bow.
4. Connect the number two and number three bows to the side rail assembly.
5. Tighten the bolt.
6. Hand-tighten the two bolts.
7. Adjust the gap between the front of the side rail and the header to the previously recorded dimensions.
8. Tighten the bolts.
9. Connect the cable to the rear rail.
10. Attach the vinyl top cover flap to the rear rail.
11. Install the speed nut.
12. Install the headliner screws.
13. Attach the headliner pin-type retainers.
14. Install the rail seal screws.
15. Install the rail seals.
16. Install the screws and the front seal.
17. Install the speaker.
18. Install the screw.
19. Install the screw and connect the electrical connectors.
20. Position the cylinders and install the nuts.
21. Install the two cylinder rod mounting bolts.
22. Install the front safety belt retractor.
23. Install the bolts.
24. Install the side quarter trim panel.
Let me know if I can help.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, April 13th, 2019 AT 8:16 PM