How as the system bled? Take a look through these directions and let me know if this is what was done. Since everything is new, it sounds like air in the system. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
1998 Ford Escort L4-122 2.0L SOHC
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Clutch Service and Repair Procedures
1. Remove the bleeder screw cover from the clutch slave cylinder and attach a hose to the bleeder screw.
2. Place the other end of the hose in a container.
3. Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times.
4. With the clutch pedal depressed, loosen the bleeder screw to release the fluid and air.
5. Tighten the bleeder screw.
6. Repeat Steps 3 through 5 until no air bubbles appear in the fluid.
CAUTION: To prevent damage, do not spill brake fluid onto painted surfaces.
NOTE: The fluid in the brake master cylinder reservoir must be maintained at the 3/4 level or higher during air bleeding. Be sure to use High-Performance DOT 3 Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid C6AZ-19542-AB or DOT 3 equivalent fluid meeting Ford specification ESA-M6C25-A. The clutch hydraulic system must be bled whenever a lower clutch slave cylinder tube or hydraulic clutch hose is disconnected.
Let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 AT 8:28 PM