CLICK COME FROM DASHBOARD THEN RADIO AND FRONT LIGHTS TURN OFF

2002 Ford Windstar

jay2002

May, 18, 2013 AT 10:06 AM

You can hear a click from the dashboard once that happens the radio, lights will turn off, or the windshields will go on and stay on or not work at all. The last time all lights and radio went off as well as air conditioning and power to doors went off. One you turn car off it returns to normal

May, 18, 2013 AT 11:12 AM

With intermittent issues, you have to test when problem is ongoing. Intermittent issues can be hard to track. When the radio has a problem, check for voltage at the radio fuses. The radio memory fuse is hot all the time. The other two fuses go hot with the key.

When you talk about lites are you talking about the headlamps? I can't tell if all problems are caused by the same issue? Do you have radio controls on the steering wheel?

The diagram is part of radio.

I looked at tsbs, nothing caught my attention.

jay2002

May, 18, 2013 AT 12:13 PM

All the lights go out dashboard, the headlights, the inside light, the power to windows and doors and radio, and the last time the air conditioner also went out. Car still ran with no problem. As soon as we turned car off and restarted the problem fixed itself. Bur obviously we can not keep doing this and need to fix it.I should also mention this happens when I am driving

June, 27, 2015 AT 9:47 AM

Pick one system, check for voltage and ground. Fixing one system may fix everything? Maybe an issue with ignition switch? All I can do is make suggestions, you have to do the testing.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic