2002 Chrysler Town and Country Door Locks

CANDERSON61
  • 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My van is haunted! For the last 3 years the door locks intermittently lock-unlock-lock-unlock at will. This happens both while parked or while driving at any speed. There are no doors ajar or any warning indicators lit at any time. I've had it looked at by more than one dealer on several occasions (to the tune of over $750) and they are all baffled. The problem is significantly worse in warm weather and nearly disappears during winter. The only "code" they have ever gotten is on the passenger key lock which was replaced (part of the $750). The fit and connections of the sliding doors has been checked. I often have starting problems in the morning because the battery is dead due to the locks cycling all night. We're on our fourth battery! Do you have any ideas?
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 12:34 PM

ALLYCAT
My van has just started doing this. I thought mine was haunted too! After reading your note, I now realize I'm not alone.

My auto door locks and internal llights keep coming on whether my van is on or off. It's draining my battery so I have to go out and constantly check on it. I can't go anywhere for long periods of time because the door locks open themselves and now I'm afraid someone will steal what's inside my van, or worse, steal my van. (Maybe that won't be a bad thing actually since this seems like a constant problem with others as well.)

Does anyone have answers on this problem?
Friday, February 15th, 2008 AT 7:09 AM
RREAGAN
My van makes the third in this issue. My symptoms are exactly the same. I disconnected my battery overnight. Hopefully, someone has a solution. I donated to the cause.
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 8:30 AM
ALLYCAT
To those of you who share the same problem with the door locks constantly activating, I solved my problem.

Get your car manual out and follow the instructions to deactivate the auto door lock system. I do hate not having the door locks automatically for me since I forget to lock them when I'm in the car now, but I no longer have the problem.

They haven't activated since and my battery draining is no longer a problem. Try this and see if it helps you too! Good luck!
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 10:38 AM
DASDUKE
I've had this problem as well as another one, because as we all know, problems come in (atleast) pairs. Both my door locks locking/unlocking intermittenly, as well as the door ajar sensor tripping randomly. These bouts of spassams happen for a week or 2, the 3rd episode just occured. Weve found that the problem is that when I go driving through big puddles (or going through a car wash with an under-car sprayer), water gets in either a fuse box or a door ajar sensor (or both) causing these problems, I will get back to you guys with a solution.

-Duke
-1
Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 12:34 PM