VAN HAS NO SPARK

1997 Chrysler Town and Country

sleeve1620

July, 14, 2010 AT 4:09 PM

1997 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 173000 miles

my 1997 chrysler town and country has no spark I changed the coil pack and still no spark the battery died so have no code had a scanner and a codereader pluged in to the van couldnt read any info the van would start everyonce in a while then it would skip and die now it wont start at all now

July, 14, 2010 AT 4:21 PM

Hi sleeve1620, welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation this is what keeps us going to help peiople in need.

Lets inspect and test the crankshaft positioning sensor and get back with results we start here

sleeve1620

July, 14, 2010 AT 6:57 PM

How do I test that?

July, 14, 2010 AT 7:14 PM

At the sensor, probe the gray/black wire with a fine straight pin. Then do the same for the black/light blue wire. When the engine has cut out, use a digital voltmeter to test the voltage between the two pins. Have on board a ratchet and socket that fits the crank shaft pulley bolt so you can turn the engine by hand. With the ignition switch in the " run" position, as you turn the crankshaft the voltage should oscillate between 5.0 and 0.3 volts, 3 times for every revolution of the crank. If that isn't seen to be happening then the sensor is bad.

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz