ENGINE STALLS ONLY WHEN AC IS ON

Chrysler Sebring

Amoeba

August, 16, 2007 AT 9:28 PM

2001 Sebring LXi Coupe, V-6 3Litre, Manual 5 spd, 140,000kms.

Battery died this week. Disconnected terminals and replaced. Prior to battery failure, engine ran great.

After battery replacement the engine would stall when coming to a stop. Thought that maybe it takes some driving to reprogram the onboard computer.

And yes, now the idle is OK(800rpm @ idle).

PROBLEM is that if the AC is on when coming to a stop, the RPM's drop to below 500, and the engine stalls. If I shut off the AC prior to stopping, idle is good, no stall. If I am sitting at a standstill, turn on the AC, the idle will drop, and stall occurs.

Thinking it may be Idle Speed Control Actuator, and possible a few other sensors & controls.

What is unusual is that it all started after battery change.

ANY THOUGHTS!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

August, 16, 2007 AT 10:26 PM

Could be computer relearning--- also could be the ISC or an Idle-up solenoid not kicking in to compensate for the load of the AC.

Amoeba

August, 26, 2007 AT 5:48 PM

Could be computer relearning--- also could be the ISC or an Idle-up solenoid not kicking in to compensate for the load of the AC.[/Quote: 5984f1d3e2]

Computer relearning it isn't, as I've driven for a period of time now, but I will check the ISC & Idle-up solenoid.
: D

Many thanks for getting back to me!