ELECTRICAL SHORT

Chrysler Sebring

drago_1975

October, 20, 2007 AT 7:53 PM

I have a 96 chrysler sebring jxi convertable with the v6. It appears as if the body drains might have plugged up and water flooded the floor pan. The speakers quit and a week later a fuse blew. I replaced the fuse for the radio. Then the car alarm would not allow me to start the car as it would activate every time I turn on the ignition. I took the car to a dealer and they stated after 800 dollars labor they don't know what is wrong but they think it is the module/amplifier part# z4608313. They are telling me the part is no longer available and this car is now un repairable. I know enough about cars to feel I am being taken for a ride. Please tell me if you know of a replacement part and or if you think the problem is related to something different. I would like to be able to at least be able to get the car running and driveable. Thanks

blackop555

October, 20, 2007 AT 8:53 PM

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to disarm the alarm system and try it agian. Same thing? Call up chrysler and ask them and im sure that part that is not made anymore would be found in a junk yard.

Alternator testing done right