2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING NEED A DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE

• paradise973
  • 2002 Chrysler Sebring

Computer problem
2002 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

i need a diagnostic trouble code for a 2002 chrysler sebring 2.7l sfi dohc 6 cyl my car wont start without that code thanks for anyone that no it

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 10:58 AM

• bluelightnin6

Trouble codes have nothing to do with car starting. The trouble codes are there to help diagnose the problem. If there are no codes present (check engine light not on) then it means the vehicle's computer has not detected a fault.

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 11:37 AM
  • paradise973

Can you tell me what the problem may be my wires was pulled apart by the igniton I had a mechanic to try to put them back together but the car still would not start he told me that the computer system shut down on the car and I need a code in order for the car to start again so I really dont no what I need to do I need a code or electrician for the wiren I cant find the chrysler book so I dont no where to began to fixing it do you have any advise. Thanks in advance

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 AT 2:46 PM
  • bluelightnin6

Not sure what you mean by the wires were pulled apart by the ignition. Not sure what code you would need, if the computer system is down then the computer module will need reset or replaced, either way that requires special computer programs that only your dealer will have.

Monday, September 27th, 2010 AT 4:48 PM