Alarm system

BENSELBY
  • 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
The car will not start due t the ALARM SYSTEM, we thought it was the battery and replaced it and it started but then would not start again, alarm system not allowing to car to start.
Monday, April 13th, 2009 AT 8:21 AM

Are you unlocking it with the key fob or the key? If the key in the lock cylinder, try it in the other front door. If that works, the switch in the left door is disconnected, defective, or there's a broken wire between the two door hinges.

Here is a guide to help you reset the system

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

+3
Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 AT 2:45 AM
FROSTY1269
Thanks for this guide worked perfect. I love this site.
Saturday, December 8th, 2018 AT 2:00 PM
RONDO123
  • 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
I let my car sit over the winter-it was perfect before -wont start-fuses checked -tried to jump &trickle charged the battery-could it have something to do with the anti-theft circuitry?Or reseting something?Cranks but wont startcould someting go without using it at all?
+2
Saturday, December 8th, 2018 AT 2:01 PM (Merged)
BLACKOP555
If it was antitheft related the light would be on and chances are it wouldnt crank AT ALL.

I would be checking for spark at this point, should be bright and blue.

Do use a spark plug tester please.

Get back
+2
DAZE446
  • 1998 CHRYSLER SEBRING
My alarm was going off on my car and my remote would not shut it off. I disconnected the battery now my car will not start. Is there a reset or something I need to do to the alarm to start my car up again. I have had no other electrical problems in the past. Thanks Dave
ZACKMAN
Use the key to lock and unlock the DRIVER door. That should reset the system. If I doesnt then I would replace the drivers door latch because there is a switch inside the latch that goes bad which cases the alarms to go off.
+1
DAZE446
Thanks for the help it worked.
ZACKMAN
Glad I can help. Come back soon.
BUDMANN
I cant get the alarm to set. Tried the key things. Last time I got it to set. Set it off turned it off car started fine. Drove a few places. Started fine every time. Til the last time. Now cant get the alarm to set
Monday, August 5th, 2019 AT 4:37 PM
KEN
What happens is the driver door latch/pin switch wears out so it doesn't work the micro switch inside the latch so the alarm thinks the door is still open. To be sure we can do a test to see if the switch is being closed. here is a guide and the security system wiring diagrams to help you see how the system works and which wires to test:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 AT 10:22 AM
BUDMANN
So today I unhooked negative cable. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Then got it to start. It ran great for 5 minutes or so then just shut off. Started right back up. Ran for 5 minutes and shut off again. Now it wont start again. Did the battery thing again, the key thing, got the alarm to turn on and go off but wont fire just cranks. I am thinking the key maybe? He only has one and it says valet key on it. Any suggestions?
Saturday, August 10th, 2019 AT 9:05 PM
KEN
Yep, it sounds like you have the wrong key or it lost its programming which happens. When it wont start does the security light flash? If so this is what is happening. I shop can reprogram a key for you it should cost about $130.00, let me know.
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 10:26 AM

Sponsored links