WON'T START

1998 Chrysler Sebring

Mary Beckemeier

March, 16, 2009 AT 9:22 PM

1998 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Automatic 100000 miles

No recent starting problems until
I went to start the car and the key turns in the ignition but it does not start. I hear absolutely nothing, not even a click.
I gave the battery a full charge.
The headlamps are bright and other electrical things seem to be working but the problem remains.
The key turns in the ignition but the car does not even make an attempt to start. I hear absolutely nothing, not even a click.
Can you give me some help?

March, 16, 2009 AT 11:06 PM

Get the battery load tested if okay make sure the battery is cleaned and properly tightened if it continues come on back

Probable causes could be the ignition switch, starter relay, park and neutral switch. And starter itself

Mary Beckemeier

March, 17, 2009 AT 3:45 PM

The battery is fine and properly connected. The problem persists. What do you suggest I check next?

March, 17, 2009 AT 4:04 PM

This one > the ignition switch, starter relay, park and neutral switch. And starter itself

Mary Beckemeier

March, 18, 2009 AT 7:07 AM

After reading the little book that came with the car, I decided to check the fuses first, before doing anything further. There was a 20 amp ignition fuse blown, which I replaced. The car starts fine now. Hopefully it was just the fuse, but I will keep your suggestions in case the fuse keeps blowing in which case I will know something else is wrong.
Don't forget to suggest checking fuses.
Thank you.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang