MOTOR MOUNT-TIMING BELT

Chrysler PT Cruiser

ptcrawler

September, 20, 2007 AT 1:51 AM

I have a 2001 pt cruiser automatic non-tubro.104,000 miles. When replacing the timing belt does the motor mount on the top on the passinger side need to come off? A garage is telling me there is an additional 5 hr required to r& r the motor mount. It appears the mount is mounted to the timing belt cover. Can you please help me before I get hosed.
Thanks,
Mike
PT Crawler?

wrench

September, 20, 2007 AT 9:10 PM

The timing belt on these cars a pain no room to work and evan a couple of special tools help to do it. But on that note I dont believe its 5 hrs for a motor mount, it would be more like 5 hrs max for the whole job, but 3.5 hrs is more like it if you can look call around and see if there is a better price. If you have done timing belts on other cars than maybe you might tackle this one but if no exprience with that kind of work than better to have some one else do it for you. So be carefull out there do a little shopping around.

Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz