2005 Chrysler Pacifica Cabin Air Filter

TAM1211
  • 2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA

2005 Chrysler Pacifica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My husband has tried to change my cabin air filter as I was told it needed to be changed. We have the filter, but my husband can not find the location. He has read and even looked at diagrams of where this filter should be, but can not find the panel or latch under the passenger side dash.
Can he be missing something, or can it be somewhere else?

Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 AT 10:12 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Hey TAM1211,

Here is a guide to let you know what you are in for when doing this repair.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-an-air-cabin-filter

Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the lower front HVAC housing just outboard of the passenger side of the instrument panel center stack.
Slide the air filter door latch toward the rear of the vehicle until it engages the opened stop on the door.
Pull the air filter door straight downward to disengage it from the air filter opening of the HVAC housing.
Use your fingers to reach through the air filter opening of the HVAC housing far enough to grasp the air filter.
Pull the air filter straight down and out of the HVAC housing.

INSTALLATION

NOTE: The particulate air filter is labeled with "Airflow" and an arrow to indicate air flow direction through the filter. This arrow should always be oriented towards the center of the vehicle. Make sure to properly install the particulate air filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace the filter sooner than required by design.

Install the filter fully upward into the HVAC housing through the air filter opening with the "Airflow" arrow oriented towards the center of the vehicle.
With the latch still positioned against its opened stop, install the air filter door onto the lower HVAC housing air filter opening.
Slide the air filter door latch toward the front of the vehicle until it contacts the closed stop on the door.

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 3:59 PM
LACAJ003
  • 2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
  • MERGED

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Chrysler Pacifica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

My vehicle's manual indicates that the cabin air filter is located under the glove compartment. I tried to replace the filter but I can't find it. Can you please help me locate the cabin air filter of my vehicle?

BMRFIXIT
  • MERGED

Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the lower evaporator housing just outboard of the passenger side of the instrument panel center stack. See Fig.
Pull the air filter door straight downward to disengage it from the air filter opening of the lower HVAC housing.
Pull the air filter straight down and out of the HVAC housing and remove it from the vehicle.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_341.jpg

-2