91 REPLACED FUEL PUMP

1991 Chrysler New Yorker

Snowinsane

February, 26, 2007 AT 12:18 AM

I have a 91 Chrysler New Yorker 3.3 liter and has 180,000 miles on it. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter on it and then two days ago it started sputtering and died. It'll crank over and run for like a minute then stall out. I've replaced the plugs and wires and it still stalls out. What is causing this?

February, 26, 2007 AT 1:32 AM

Check the ASD relay-auto shut down this one powers the coil and the fuel pump if it has one. It is similar to an inertia switch.

Snowinsane

February, 26, 2007 AT 1:53 AM

Where is the ASD relay located?

lytn_j

February, 26, 2007 AT 10:52 AM

If you have a power distribution center under the hood, it should be in there. If there is no PDC, the relay should be close to the driver side strut tower.

You might try to check your trouble codes. Turn the key on till the dash lites come on, no crank. You cycle the key, on/off, on/off, on. The check engine lite should flash, you count the flashes to get the codes.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe