DRIVER DOOR WATER SHIELD

1990 Chrysler New Yorker

davemaster

April, 15, 2009 AT 7:21 PM

Interior problem
1990 Chrysler New Yorker 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

Recently my driver door power window gave out. Turned out to be a broken flex track from use/age etc. Replaced it and now the window works great. However to access and remove the regulator I had to remove the water shield which required a herculean effort. As a result, it is now unuable for it's intended purpose as it is all stretched out and bumpy. How can I obtain a replacement? What would be the estimated cost?

James W.

April, 15, 2009 AT 7:28 PM

The part you are looking for would be a " dealer only" item. Estimated cost, about $25.00.

caradiodoc

April, 19, 2009 AT 2:38 AM

Just put a bead of silicone RTV sealer around the outside edges and work it into the plastic shield. No one ever replaces these. If the sheet is torn in the middle, just overlap the edges and put a bead of RTV sealer between them. If you still want to replace it, just grab a roll of plastic sheeting from your local hardware store and cut a piece to match.

By the way, when you reinstall the large diameter pin at the end of the flex track, if you put it in the other direction, putting the clip back on is easier.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease