FLUTTER OVER BUMPS, POPS ON PARKING TURNS

• bdavid52
  • 1999 Chrysler LHS

Suspension problem
1999 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100489 miles

When going over speed bumps my front end "flutters" as if something is loose. I have replaced all 4 struts (Monroe Sensamatic quickies), sway bar linkages and sway bar bushings, outer tie rod ends, inner tie rods and a new rack. The flutter continues and now the front end "pops" when backing out of a parking place and turning the wheel. Mechanic says everything is tight, and new. The only part I have not replaced is a triangle shaped part that rock-auto lists as another control arm. Says also that body bushings are new. I am completely at wit's end.

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 10:40 PM

• NDDUNC

Look at the sub frame bushings(engine cradle). Ive had to replace several of these. There are 4 of these. Its not a big job but it is extreamly aggravating to do. The cost is approx. 40.00 each at napa(higher elsewhere). If this is the problem, this is also a verrrry dangerous problem! Please reply

Saturday, October 16th, 2010 AT 8:07 AM