I found this bleeding instruction on the web. Is this system a 1996 Sebring the same as a 95 LeBaron? Now a second question how do you remove the rear seat?
This bulletin involves bleeding the convertible top motor and pump assembly.
1. Lower the top to the full down position.
2. Remove the rear seat cushion, seat back, and inner quarter trim panels.
3. Remove the cylinder mounting brackets and separate the cylinders from the trunnion pivot mounts. Figure 1
4. Rotate the cylinders 180 degrees (the hose fittings will now face the front of the car).
5. Disconnect the motor wire connector retaining clip from the body.
6. Remove the hydraulic hoses from the body retaining clips from the right and left hand side of the pump/motor assembly.
7. Rotate and raise the motor/pump assembly so the reservoir is in the up position. The Rubber filler plug will be at the top.
8. Raise the motor and pump fitting to at least 2" above the horizontal rear seat back reinforcement.
9. Tilt the motor and pump assembly to approximately the 10 o'clock position1 with the rubber filler plug still at the top.
CAUTION : THE MOTOR AND PUMP ASSEMBLY MUST REMAIN IN THE CURRENT POSITION UNTIL THE RUBBER FILLER PLUG IS REINSTALLED IN STEP 12.
10. Remove the rubber fill plug from the reservoir.
CAUTION : DO NOT OPERATE THE TOP SWITCH IN "UP" (RAISING THE TOP) DIRECTION.
11. With two people1 activate the top switch in the "down" (lowering the top) position to fully retract the cylinder rods and hold for approximately 5 seconds, until the motor and pump stalls. A percolating or gurgle sound/feeling is an indication that the procedure is working.
12. Insert the filler plug.
13. Install the motor/pump assembly into the vehicle mounting bracket.
14. Rotate the cylinders back to the original position (hose fittings facing rearward).
15. Install the motor lead and hydraulic line clips, the hydraulic line clips are to assist in the production process, to insure that the seat back/seat cushion do not pinch the lines. If the sticky side is no longer holding to the floor pan the clips can be left off.
16. Jog the top switch in the "up" (raising the top) to get the cylinder trunnion onto the trunnion pivot mounts, if needed.
17. Install cylinder mounting brackets.
18. Raise and lower the top to insure proper operation
19. Install the inner quarter trim panels, seat back and seat cushion.
Saturday, July 21st, 2007 AT 9:18 AM