BINDING CALIPER

1995 Chrysler Le Baron

HIGGYCOMM

April, 25, 2008 AT 11:45 AM

Brakes problem
1995 Chrysler Le Baron 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

MY RT FRNT CALIPER KEEPS BINDING. I HAVE REPLACED IT, PADS AND BLED. WHAT ELSE WOULD CAUSE IT TO KEEP BINDING AND GETTING VERRRRRRY HOT.

legitimate007

April, 25, 2008 AT 1:31 PM

When putting a caliper on you have to make sure that you put anti sieze on the caliper pins so that they float back and forth easily. Also if your bearings are bad and grinding, the friction will caus everything on that control arm to get extremely hot causing the calipers to bind too. So remember when putting a caliper on make sure everything is able to " float" freely

merlin2021

April, 25, 2008 AT 1:48 PM

Drive it till it starts to bind or you notice drag, jack that wheel up, chock the rear wheels, put it in neutral, does the wheel spin, if not or it's hard to turn, open the bleeder screw, does it spin freely now? If yes, replace the flex hose, I recommecnd doing the same work to BOTH front brakes, this will elimante any issues with pulling to one side! Also both fronts are the same age and condition, if you don't do both now, you will real soon!

merlin2021

April, 25, 2008 AT 3:15 PM

Answer to your PM: From: HIGGYCOMM
To: merlin2021
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4: 05 pm
Subject: 95 labaron caliper binding
yessssss ! I jus did that and it worked ! On both sides.I also bought a master cylinder, jus-in-case, ill drive a lil this weekend to b sure. Thank you so much for your input. Also I want to replace conv top, got any hint on how to get old 1 off?
Converts tops is not really my strong suite! Sorry.

Replace Your Brake Caliper Like a Pro
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML