LEBARON WIPER/WASHER S

1990 Chrysler Le Baron

Ladman24

1990 Chrysler Le Baron 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I have a 1990 Chrysler Lebaron, and it seems the connection of the wiper/washer switch is not engaged all the time. If you use the waser portion, the dash needs to be pulled slightly down at the same time for this to work. Also, the wipers sometimes do not park unless unless you pull down on this area of the dash as well. When the dash is diassembled, the wiper switch becomes disconnected from the wire harnes and the wire plug remains in the dash. Is there any way to remove the wire harness from the indash position and possible zip tie it to the switch for a better connection? Or do I continue to pull slightly on the dash and replace the switch when this no longer works?

Ladman24

Dielectric grease was of no help with the connection.

I will try to tweak the " posts" on the switch ever so slightly so it will make a more snug fit in the connector. I will let you know if this helps.

buddycraigg

January, 21, 2010 AT 12:59 AM

I hope messing with the connection helps.

But in my experience, if the grease doesn't fix it, then you have to replace the switch.

BUT. I've never seen the " pulling on the dash" thing either.

So you might be in your own personal twilight zone.

Ladman24

It seems tweaking the connector posts for the washer porion of the switch worked. The posts are made so that they can be seperated somewhat in three. Just be carefull not to over do it or there is a risk of breaking part of them off.

The posts for the washer portion of the switch are quite large in comparison to the minute connectors for the rest of the switch.

One of these larger posts must be the ground connection in order for the circuit to be completed. I do believe it is the ground connection that these switches operate.

buddycraigg

January, 30, 2010 AT 1:38 AM

So is it working?

Ladman24

January, 30, 2010 AT 7:32 AM

Yes, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, the switch is now working after tweaking the connections so they made contact.

buddycraigg

January, 31, 2010 AT 12:45 AM

OK, just wanted to make sure that everything was all good.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2